Nifty vs. Thrifty

Saturday, December 12, 2009

My black belt guide to setting goals for the new year!

If you asked me 5 years ago if I would be able to get a black belt in Martial Arts, I would have told you "you are crazy!" I would have never thought that I had the strength, knowledge or even courage to attain a black belt. Five years later, with a great support system, a commitment to be a black belt, and a strong body, I accomplished the impossible.

I don't believe in New Years resolutions. I think that you should focus on what you want to do rather than what you don't want to do. For instance, instead of setting a goal to quit smoking, set a goal to be healthier (including being a non smoker).

Without goals, how do you measure your accomplishments? Whether your goal is to loose 10 pounds or even spending more time with your children, goals are essential for success! So, what are your goals? Are they realistic? Are they attainable? Anything is possible but think of the work it takes to make them happen....is that something you're willing to commit to?

Start thinking about what you want now and I will have a goal setting exercise for you next week! You can do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment