Nifty vs. Thrifty

Monday, September 13, 2010

Is Your Family Grounded?

Staying grounded can be such a tricky thing. For us and for our children. It's so easy to get wrapped up in all the materialistic things, events, and even drama.
To me, staying grounded means living up to the priorities that I set for myself and my husband and I have set for our family. Of course, what 'staying grounded' means to me could be an entirely thing than it means for you. Your job is to figure it out so you can have the family life you desire! Here are a few ways to help you find out what it means to you!

1. Have a conversation with your significant other about family priorities. Having a candid conversation about family priorities can really be eye opening. I remember where I was when I had the conversation with my husband about what priorities he felt were most important for raising children. I remember that I was pregnant at the time (perhaps this conversation should have been before that point! LOL!) Before opening this conversation, think about the question first. Try to be open minded and listen carefully.

2. Put your ideas and goals on paper. This really helps me. I may write it down and never look at it again but having things written helps me to prioritize (and really make it real!)

3. Make it happen. Make your actions consistant with your priorities. If you are working towards having a positive and happy family, are your conversations and actions mostly positive? If you are working on being an honest family, are you being honest as a role model? If you want your kids to get along better, are you communicating effectively with your spouse and even with your children?

Good luck and I would love to hear your ideas about this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment