Take time for yourself and you will reap HUGE benefits. By time for yourself, I don't mean sitting on the couch for 15 minutes. I mean getting outside the house and engaging in something you really enjoy. If you don't know what you would do, try something..anything!
1. It will improve your marriage. Many marriage counselors will agree that having your own hobby or interest outside the home will improve your relationship with your spouse. If your husband/significant other takes time for himself, you will not resent it and instead appreciate that it's needed on both ends. If parents start to put kids first they will loose themselves and their marriage will suffer as well. Always make time for yourself and help your spouse get his time as well.
2. It will make you a better mother. There is a huge misconception that if you are a good mother than you give up everything for your children. If you take time for yourself you will be more patient and refreshed when caring for your children. When you became a mother, you did not loose yourself. Granted, your identity changes but you still need to be who you are and enjoy the things you used to do before having children.
3. It will improve your health. This goes along with #2. If you want to be an active participant in your children's life or be around for your grandchildren, you need to take care of yourself. You are worth it and deserve a stress reliever.
4. You deserve it. You work hard, everyone deserves a break! Right?
5. It will help you regroup. It's no secret that breaks help people to think clearer, be more successful, and happier in general.