Nifty vs. Thrifty

Monday, June 28, 2010

4 Easy Motivation Ideas to Get Your Butt Exercising!!

1. Make it fun! I recently started taking a jazz class in my area. I have not danced in 10 years and I am so happy to do it again! The class was 1 hour and 15 minutes and went so fast because I was having so much fun. I posted this idea on my facebook page and my friend contacted me and said she was also interested in taking the class! YEAH!!! Well, even though we are the only ones not wearing silly bands (and the oldest by far!) in the class, it is FANTASTIC!!
Whether you enjoy sports, walking and chatting with a friend or swimming, find something you enjoy and make it happen!



2. Prioritize your health for your sake and your kids sake. Women often think that exercising is selfish because all their time should be devoted to their families. This is NOT so. If your not healthy, who's going to take care of your family? Think of it this way, exercise is preventative medicine and also a great way to set a positive example for your children.


3. Just do it! Do you remember this Nike ad? I love it and I use it to motivate myself when I'd rather sit on the sofa. Even if you only have a few minutes, get your but moving! Even 15 minutes can make a difference and will motivate you to do even more and eat healthier! Think of how much better you will feel at the end of the day if you exercise rather than if you sat on the sofa eating junk food (and lets face it, that's what we usually do in front of the t.v!)

4. Combine playing with your child with any form of exercise. Chase your child on your hands and knees, run around with them, or hop around the room. Use a little creativity and you will be surprised at how much fun you're having (and buring calories too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment