Nifty vs. Thrifty

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Random Thoughts on Thanksgiving Morning



Well, I wasn't planning on writing today (thanksgiving morning) but I just put Sienna down for nap, hubby and house guests are out playing Turkey Day football and I am here all alone enjoying quiet moments by the fire. How sweet it is!


I talk about simplicity parenting quite a bit and Thanksgiving is the perfect day to truly practice it! I find myself sometimes getting worked up about family issues around the holidays (don't we all!?) wondering why people do things a certain way and the truth is....it's all just little stuff. I think about the people around the world who don't have a home, suffering with illnesses, and deaths, and I am reminded that I have so many blessings! In addition, I have many faults as well


Thanksgiving is a time to be truly grateful, put aside resentments, and focus on the savory food, the wonderful smells and the sweet sound of laughter. Hope you enjoy this wonderful day my awesome readers!


Check out this great tradition for Thanksgiving dinner...


Don't throw out the wishbone!! Hold the wishbone with a partner, make a wish, and whoever has the biggest part after the bone is broken will have their wish come true!




No comments:

Post a Comment