1. Embrace whatever it is you do. If you are dreading making dinner (for instance), try to think of a way to embrace it for your liking. Find a great recipe with a food you really enjoy. After you finish making the food, savor the taste!!
2. Play with a child (preferably yours!)
3. Pay attention to your sensory experiences - When taking a shower (for instance), appreciate the warmth of the water, the smell of the soap, the break from everyday life, the sounds of water flowing and the feeling of a clean body. Breathe deeply. Inhaling all the positive energy and exhale into a relaxing state.
4. Give yourself a pat on the back (or compliment) when you accomplished something (even if it's something little) We constantly tell our kids when they are doing a good job...what about you?!
5. Lift your head up and smile. Its amazing what this simple practice can do for the soul!