Nifty vs. Thrifty

Friday, January 8, 2010

Keeping the core of the family in tact

One of the best pieces of advice I was given when we had our daughter, was to always put each other first. The parents are the core of the family. When you put your child ahead of the two of you things will start going in a different direction.
I love this advice because it reminds me of the importance of teamwork between my husband and I. Our marriage is what started this family and it is the foundation that we need to build upon for our family to grow. Keeping this in mind, we often show each other romance (physically and emotionally) and set frequent date nights. It only makes sense that children will show respect to you and others if they see love and respect between their parents in the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment