Are you worried about how to keep the kids entertained during this heat wave? Have no fear! Simply Siena is here for all you need to keep the kids entertained! Be prepared to beat the heat and you won't 'Loose your cool!'
If you think you're going to be inside (in the air conditioning) a lot this week, plan your outings accordingly. Plan walks or playing outside for early in the morning or later in the evening. If you want to get the kids out in the middle of day, here are some things to keep you cool. Remember, the most important thing you can do is to present things in a fun way! Build anticipation and excitement by talking about something fun you will do later in the day. Here are some ideas for you!
1. Have a water balloon fight
2. Spray the hose
3. Run in the sprinkler or spray the hose and jump over the stream.
4. Jump in the lake, stream. or any body of water nearby.
5. Play in the shade near a tree. While sitting under a tree, read a book or play a game that doesn't require a lot of running around.
Can't stand being outside because it's just TOO hot? Try these inside ideas!
1. Go to the movies
2. Play inside: Have a party (Remember, a party can be with only 2 people!) make crafts, have a treasure hunt, watch a movie, or read a book.
3. Dollars stores are great for buying things like coloring books, sidewalk chalk, hoola hoops, and craft items.
*For even more indoor activities ideas, see "6 Ideas for Rainy Day Fun" under my archive articles section!