Nifty vs. Thrifty

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Enjoy the Payment for a Job Well Done


In our society, it's somewhat standard that the harder you work (or the better your ideas are) the better you get paid for what you do in your career. Well, not so in the 'stay at home mom' field. If you are a stay at home mom, you still need payment for what you do ,but don't expect large amounts of cash or balloons that say, "thank you" after a trying day.



We all know how much work it takes to be a mom...especially a good mom! There are some days when you work so hard and everything seems to be taken for granted. At times, I feel like a robot, like I do the same routine, make the same corrections, and play the same games every single day. I work my tail off and sometimes I wonder, where's the payoff??



Until I remember that children thank their parents with love. Come to think of it, this is the best form of payment any job could offer, right? The sparkle in my daughter's eye, the smile she gives me, the way she says "uppy" when she wants me to hold her are all priceless rewards in my life. These are all the wonderful things I sometimes take for granted in my daily routine until I stop and remember to enjoy the payment for a job well done.



Somedays it would be really nice to hear, "Gee mom, thanks so much for having patience with me when I'm being really difficult." or "Hey Mom, thanks for going to the grocery store and cooking us these wonderful meals." The truth is, I may never hear these words. But today I will appreciate the love that my daughter gives me and remember that all my hard work is reflected in her joy and well being.






No comments:

Post a Comment