Nifty vs. Thrifty

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Our Adventure to the Beach

Sienna and I took a trip this weekend to visit one of my friends and her son at the beach. We had such a great time! My friend Nicole and I used to have a shore house together and spent many days on the beach chatting and looking a magazines. Those were the days. I loved those moments we shared and often miss those times! Well, as you can imagine, being at the beach with the kids is a whole different ballgame but wonderful none-the-less. I love getting to know my friend's son and seeing her in the mom role!
It was such a gorgeous day so we walked down to the beach to play with the kids in the surf. Sienna was so fun in the ocean this time around! It made me think about how the ocean is so SIMPLE and fun. Every time a wave came in, Sienna would light up and get so excited to jump the wave! (I'm pretty sure she could have done it for hours if I would have let her!) How cool is it that everyone in the world has access to this amazing free form of entertainment called the ocean!? Also, the very first humans probably jumped the same waves as we do! Pretty cool!
We played for hours and the weather was perfect! Sienna and I had a blast without spending a dime. These are the times that remind me that the best things in life really are free. The truth is, spending time with Nicole and her son is so precious and one of the moments I will treasure forever.
On our way home from the beach, we stopped at a convenient store to pick up a few things. I was trying to decide which kind of ice cream I wanted when I hear Sienna say, "uh oh!". I turned around and saw her standing there in the middle of the store with her diaper around her ankles! OH MY GOD!!! I quickly ran over and pulled the diaper up and picked her up (looking around to see if anyone saw this madness!) Luckily, I don't think anyone saw this debacle, but as I got in the car, I really had to laugh and thought about how I appreciate the fun adventures of being a mom!
Well, my life sure has changed since the days of partying with the girls and sitting on the beach all day relaxing but I wouldn't trade it for the world! Having my daughter, Sienna, reminds me how precious life really is and helps me to appreciate the moments whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment