Nifty vs. Thrifty

Friday, March 5, 2010

How to make the most of what you have in your cupboard

Using coupons is great but it is still money going out (except in rare cases!) One way to keep from spending is to use what you have. Look at your cupboard and fridge and make a list of all the things that you could use for the week. I like to write categories of breakfast, lunch and dinner then start writing the items I have under each. Be creative (and don't say you aren't creative because it just takes a little practice!) Here are some examples to help you along:
Last night I used some leftover salsa and sour cream dip on my chicken taco-it was delicious.
I thought I needed a bunch of fruit until I realized I had a jar of applesauce in the back corner of my cupboard and some frozen fruit in the freezer. Leftover tortillas were about to go bad so instead of buying bread, I used these for sandwiches. Hummus makes a great easy, healthy sandwich. Just add some cheese and anything else you like. Finally, as easy as disposable cleaner wipes are, rags and vinegar or cleaner work just as good! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment