Nifty vs. Thrifty

Sunday, March 21, 2010

What's better? "doing it all" or doing a few things and actually being engaged?

Keep it simple? I actually have a hard time with this. I know, I know. How can I run a site called Simply Siena when I have trouble doing it? Well, here's the answer!
I definitely have a bad case of ADD, but I love having ADD! Sounds weird, right? Well, it makes me who I am. I am very creative. I can appreciate 10 things at one time! That being said, I also really appreciate when things are simple and organized so that I can focus when needed. Martial Arts has really helped me to grow in this area. I have learned to use self discipline and minimize distractions to achieve my desired goals.
We make things so complicated sometimes, don't we? We want it all (and more!) for ourselves and for our children. But what is having it all? Are we just trying to keep up with the Jones or is what we have really enough?
Look for all the simple pleasures life has to offer. Turn off the t.v. Pick a few things you need to do and forget all the rest! Which one is better? Not being engaged in life and "doing it all"? Or doing less things and giving it all you have? Hmmmm. Don't get me wrong...I know that as a mother it is a necessity to multitask throughout the day but I try to limit it as much as possible! Since my daughter is a one year old, she pretty much demands all my attention when she is awake (and not confined!) For me, when I try to do too much I usually end up having a difficult day.
So, my conclusion? It IS simple. Life IS simple if we make it that way!
Enjoy the day my wonderful mommies!

No comments:

Post a Comment